Probabilistic Machine Learning, Bayesian, Graphical Models
DS Group are working with a leading HealthTech company with a mission of putting an affordable and accessible healthcare into the hands of everyone across the globe.
Their current research team comprises of 20+ Researchers, carrying out blue-sky and applied research in areas such as probabilistic machine learning, causal inference, representation learning, computer vision, knowledge representation and natural language processing.
What You’ll be doing
- Identifies and explores new research avenues and helps to define research strategy.
- Responsible for architecting solutions to large, ambitious, or long-term research projects that address key business goals.
- Maintains visibility across research and product/commercial aspects of the business and helps to align thinking between these business functions
- Works closely with other leads (including in other business functions) to establish long-term strategic vision, resolve dependencies, and achieve key objectives.
- Promotes AI strategy through white papers and impactful presentations.
- Fosters effective collaboration across research teams and supports team members in their research through constructive critique and by suggesting new avenues for research.
- Seeks to educate the wider organisation in AI and encourage an awareness of scientific principles and impact of team’s research.
- Works closely with Directors outside of Applied Sciences to achieve product goals and resolve dependencies.
What we are looking for…
- 8+ years of academic and/or industry experience
- Broad knowledge of relevant AI/ML techniques
- Strong mathematical ability to deeply understand state-of-the-art work
- Good organisational skills and able to break complex problems down into more achievable research tasks
- Commercially astute, able to see the bigger picture and advise on scientific direction and wider AI strategy as it relates to the company’s business objectives
- Ability to explain and articulate scientific ideas in written and verbal formats (including presentations)
- Proficient in Python and data science / ML libraries (PyTorch, TensorFlow, PyMC3, Pyro, Stan, etc.)
If you’re curious and interested in a discreet and confidential conversation, then please reach out to us right away.